Hadley Pottery Careers
Download our Employment Application (PDF)
Be part of a Louisville tradition! Hadley Pottery is currently seeking an artist to join its pottery decorating staff. Qualified applicant will have the ability to learn to paint dozens of Hadley Pottery patterns on greenware from a member of our experienced decorating team. In addition, our decorators regularly refresh our line by submitting ideas for new designs for consideration; the decorator selected will demonstrate the ability to sketch and paint new ideas based on direction from marketing/design management. Patience, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently as well as to collaborate with the decorating/design team are required.
Interested individuals may apply by downloading and completing the employment application and emailing (with any other relevant information or documents) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview and testing, during which they will be asked to demonstrate sketching and painting abilities to the hiring manager.
Customer Service Representative
The Customer Service Coordinator will be the primary contact for all Hadley customers whether that customer is an individual or a retail store. The Coordinator will be expected to be welcoming, attentive and responsive to all customers and will be responsible for the following activities:
1. Data entry – inputting all internet, phone and mail orders from any customer into the Hadley order system.
2. Order tracking – monitoring the manufacturing schedule to assure that the ordered items are on schedule for order fulfillment/shipping.
3. Responding to customer inquiry – prompt response to all customer inquiries in accordance with the Hadley Customer Service Standards (see attached for detail).
4. Customer communication – initiate communication with customer on any matters affecting the timely and complete fulfillment of their order. Coordinator will develop mutually agreeable solutions with customer to any situation that would jeopardize meeting the Customer Service Standards.
5. Data collection and report generation – monitor orders and give guidance to Operations Manager on short lead time item needs, unexpected demand etc. Coordinator will also need to monitor ongoing inventory levels, particularly on the most popular selling items.
1. Attentive to detail – must be capable of inspecting, understanding and interpreting multiple information sources. Solve problems before they occur.
2. Articulate and personable – posses the ability to clearly, concisely communicate and the skill to successfully resolve customer dissatisfaction matters.
3. Organized – capably manage multiple data sources, timetables and matters beyond his/her personal control resulting in customer service beyond the customer’s expectations.
4. Persistence and ingenuity – since this position does not now exist at Hadley, the individual must create new processes, records/reports and establish themselves as an integral part of the operation and a problem solver. At present, many of the information sources needed to successfully execute this position do not exist.
Education and Related Work Experience
The Coordinator should have an associate degree at a minimum and preferably a bachelor degree. Areas of concentration might include general business management, information management or education.
Ideally, the individual will have experience working in some facet of customer service or retail where customer interface, problem solving and relationship building are essential to successful performance.
It is anticipated that this position will consist of 30 – 40 hours per week and pay $12.00 per hour. The weekly work schedule is somewhat flexible so the hours per day and days per week will be determined by mutual agreement.
To apply, please download our Employment Application and email (with resume and salary requirements) to email@example.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview with the hiring manager.